DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Medical City Alliance
Under the direction of the Administrative Director of Laboratory Services, the Laboratory Manager manages the performance of laboratory personnel within all sections of the clinical laboratory. The incumbent is responsible for the overall daily operations of the Medical City Alliance Laboratory and Medical City ER Saginaw. The Laboratory Manager has operational and clinical knowledge of all lab sections including a perceptive depth of clinical laboratory tests and procedures, which require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. The incumbent can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric and pediatric patients from newborn through adolescence.
- Supervises work flow and staff; educates and trains employees, encourages development of staff's skills, participates in student training
- Performs disciplinary action to the staff.
- Effectively communicates and resolves concerns across multidisciplinary departments.
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of other individuals.
- Maintains and reviews all laboratory records, reports, statistical logs and files to meet the requirements of regulatory agencies. Maintains compliance with regulatory standards (JCAHO, CAP, CLIA99 etc.) pertaining to Laboratory operations and function. Ensure Laboratory staff compliance to above noted regulations.
- Provides progressive leadership and management to staff through example and skill.
- Manages events and potential laboratory service interruptions, and as needed escalates such events to the Administrative Director of Laboratory Services.
- Keeps Administrative Director informed of laboratory operations.
- Maintains daily payrolls records, schedule and Human Resources records.
- Orders supplies and maintain required inventory for their assigned Department
- Troubleshoot and maintain analyzers as needed
- Reviews and revises policies and procedures annually.
- Responsible for their Department for all regulatory agency inspections and checklistsa
Medical City Alliance is a 75-bed, acute care hospital that opened in February 2015. The three-story, 155,000 square foot full-service facility serves the communities of Fort Worth, Keller, Roanoke, Haslet, Saginaw and surrounding communities in northern Tarrant county and southern Denton county. Medical City Alliance offers a full range of services, specializing in women's, cardiology, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized by The Joint Commission for the Hospital Accreditation Program for 2015.Benefits: We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
Bachelor's Degree. Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications preferred. Advanced education in management/supervision preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience as Medical Technologist with 3 or more years of laboratory management experience/equivalent required.
- Licenses, Registrations and/or Certifications
NCA, ASCP, HEW or AMT
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website