DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Director Medical Staff Services
Medical City Alliance
Works collaboratively with Hospital Administration and the Medical Staff Leadership, directs and coordinates administrative support and provides resources needed for the Medical Staff Leadership enabling them to fulfill their duties and obligations as defined by Bylaws, Rules & Regulations, and Policies of the Medical Staff and the Hospital.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
A. Medical Staff Organization/Governance
· Supports operations of the organized Medical Staff by planning, attending and documenting the activities of Medical Staff Committee and Department meetings. Communicates recommendations from MEC to the Board of Trustees as necessary.
· Initiates and directs the voting process for Bylaws changes and Medical Staff leadership elections as prescribed in the Medical Staff Bylaws.
· Maintains Medical Staff governance documents and updates them as revisions are approved by the Board of Trustees.
· Maintains confidentiality of all peer review and other activities of the Medical Staff to preserve immunity for Medical Staff members and others.
B. Credentialing and Privileging
· Directs the credentialing and privileging process for Medical Staff members and Advanced Practice Professionals.
· Monitors activity for compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
C. Physician Satisfaction
· Collaborates with Directors of Business Development and Physician Engagement on new physicians/groups desiring to apply to the Medical Staff at Medical Center Alliance.
· Develops positive relationships with physicians/delegates during the credentialing process.
· Works cohesively with the Director of Physician Engagement for a positive onboarding experience for new Medical Staff members, including access to Meditech and other clinical programs for patient care.
D. Performance Improvement
· Evaluates departmental processes for opportunities for improvement. Implements adjustments/changes to enhance departmental effectiveness.
· Provides Quality Department with information on physician privileges and reappointment dates for OPPE and FPPE functions to be carried out within appropriate timeframes.
Medical City Alliance is a 75-bed, acute care hospital that opened in February 2015. The three-story, 155,000 square foot full-service facility serves the communities of Fort Worth, Keller, Roanoke, Haslet, Saginaw and surrounding communities in northern Tarrant county and southern Denton county. Medical City Alliance offers a full range of services, specializing in women's, cardiology, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized by The Joint Commission for the Hospital Accreditation Program for 2015.Benefits: We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
Bachelor's Degree preferred or obtained within 12 months of hire.
Requires minimum of five (5) years' experience in Medical Staff Services; a minimum of two (2) years' management experience. Requires training and experience that include supervisory and management, medical terminology, communication and writing skills, and intermediate computer knowledge (familiarity with medical staff management software desired).
C. Licenses, Registrations and/or Certifications
Current certification by the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and/or Certified Professional Medical Staff Services Management (CPMSM) required.
Strong leadership skills are required, plus a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with hospital and medical staff. Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple, complex and diverse projects simultaneously. Possess a participative management style. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills. Must have excellent organizational, analytical and prioritizing skills. Must possess interpersonal skills including diplomacy and crisis intervention. Must be able to deal with a variety of temperaments and personalities.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website