SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Nurse Extern to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Nurse Extern delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse Extern assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the Nurse Extern's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The Nurse Extern is currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing and can perform higher-level procedures once competency is achieved.
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing required
- 1+ years of nursing school completed preferred
- Lifting 100 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Current BLS Certification from the American Red Cross (HCA chosen provider) OR American Heart Association is required on all clinical nursing units. CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health.
- Honors our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
- Exhibits Compassion: Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs and concerns of others and to treat others with the utmost respect, dignity, courtesy, and confidentiality.
- Communicates Effectively: Ability to deliver verbal and written information in a clear, concise manner to ensure comprehension and achieve desired results
- Prioritizes Tasks: Ability to shift attention between multiple activities and competing demands, and to manipulate the order of tasks by importance.
- Works Well With Others: Ability to interface directly with public, physicians, staff, patients, administration and ancillary/support department representatives to achieve optimal outcomes and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Demonstrates Professionalism: Ability to take personal responsibility for job action and performance, comprehend and perform job responsibilities, and adhere to the policies and procedure of the facility.
- Embraces Learning: Ability to actively learn and follow instructions, policies, and procedures in a timely fashion, including the ability to learn new techniques or procedures without incurring overwhelming stress
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Equipped with the best healing practices, brightest medical teams and the most advanced medical technologies, Medical Center of Trinity, a new 340 bed, state-of-the-art, all private room hospital located on a 50-acre campus, serves the fast growing communities of Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. With a healthcare team that brings over 40 years in a clinical setting and a strong dedication to patient-centered care, our talented RNs and medical professionals are always encouraged to learn, grow and thrive in a supportive atmosphere that celebrates the commitment of our people.
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website