DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
***$1,500 SIGN-ON ELIGIBLE*** External candidates only.
Medical Center of Trinity is a 288 bed, all-private room hospital located in the rapidly growing tri-county area of Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough counties. Planned housing communities, schools, ample shopping and nearby beaches and recreational facilities make it an excellent location for young families.
The hospital opened in February 2012 in a beautifully designed and spacious facility, with services including adult and pediatric emergency care, spine & orthopedics, women's health & obstetrics, heart & vascular including open heart surgery, robotic assisted and minimally invasive surgery, men's health, cancer care, behavioral health, surgical specialties, primary care and neurosurgery.
Medical Center of Trinity is a certified Primary Stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI. The hospital also features an Accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program (CoC) and was named a Top Workplace four times.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, Student Loan Repayment at select facilities and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit as well as monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.Duties and responsibilities include:
• Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations of the unit.
• Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
• Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
• Assembles patient charts.
• Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding messages.
• Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other guests.
• Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer system.
• Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
• Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and charge nurses.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
QualificationsQualifications include: · Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required. · BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire. · Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred. · Previous experience as a unit secretary and monitor tech in a hospital setting preferred. · Strong customer service skills required. · Familiarity with medical terminology is desired. · Computer literacy is required. · Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. · Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website