DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Food Services Production Supervisor. We are seeking a Food Services Production Supervisor to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs. Medical City Dallas opened brand new Heart and Spine Hospitals in October 2019 as destination hospitals for highly specialized advanced cardiovascular and spine care. The new facilities are located near Medical City Dallas across Hwy. 75 and Forest Lane.
Medical City Heart Hospital will have 63 private patient rooms and provide a wide array of cardiac services including complex vascular and heart surgery, advanced heart failure treatment, minimally invasive vascular surgery and other specialized heart care. The facility will also have the only dedicated cardiac emergency room in Dallas. The 24-bed Medical City Spine Hospital will provide comprehensive and coordinated spine care for common spine disorders and rare, hard-to-treat spinal deformities including adult and pediatric scoliosis, spondylolistheses, complex spine surgery and minimally invasive surgical options among others. Nationally recognized board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons with more than 40 years of groundbreaking experience will conduct industry-leading scoliosis research. The Food Services Production Supervisor reports to the Executive Chef/ Manager of Operations. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for overseeing the daily food production operations for the Room Service program, Physicians Dining Room, Cafeteria and catering events.
- Ensures that all food items are prepared, served and stored according to HACCP and regulatory agency standards. Maintains high standards of quality, safety and sanitation.
- Acts as a liaison during health inspections.
- Effectively supervises staff, assists in the hiring, counseling, coaching and development of staff. Appropriately documents all staff records, i.e., annual evaluations, disciplinary process, etc.
- Monitor employee attendance for timeliness, accrual of incremental overtime utilizing KRONOS on a daily basis.
- Develops staff schedules based on FPC and revise as needed based on PLUS and census to maintain productivity standards.
- Utilizes cost controls to effectively maintain inventory, minimize waste and meet financial requirements.
- Responsible for purchasing of food & supplies, complies with purchasing contracts to meet compliance expectations, maximize rebates and achieve food cost budget.
- Menu development for Cafeteria, catering events and patients. Coordination of large catered functions.
- Coordinates meal service periods to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operation.
- Serves as a resource for community and hospital wide public speaking events.
- Assists with training of students & interns.
- Serves as a role model & advocate for AIDET, Patient Promise and Medical City's six keys.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Professional Culinary Leadership experience in a high volume, fine dining restaurant, country club or hotel is required.
- Healthcare experience a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food & catering trends with focus on quality, sanitation, production & presentation.
- Food Service Manager's certification through the Texas Department of Health required within 1 year of employment.
- ACF certification preferred.
- Knowledge of online vendor ordering systems.
- Knowledge of cost controls, budgets, and product mix
- Intermediate Computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Public speaking skills
- Detail & Multi-task oriented
- Displays qualities that reflect the Mission, Vision and Values of Medical City Hospital.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills that include written and verbal communication.
- Effective analytical skills and problem solving
- Advanced knife handling skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website