We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Specialist, Data AnalyticsDigital Optimization & Economics team is responsible for tracking performance, driving transaction authorization improvement for digital transactions and optimizing the consumer experience. As consumer preference for digital payments continues to grow, ensuring a seamless and secure experience is top of mind. The Sr Specialist will have a global responsibility for delivering insights and recommendations on actions to close gaps in authorization rates, aligning cross-functional partners and ensuring action is taken and tracking performance improvement. You will do so by working closely with global product teams and regional leads. An ideal candidate should be passionate about learning new products and solutions, have strong understanding of building ETL framework to source data, comfortable working with multiple data sources and leverage data insights to recommend actions and drive to a decision, have strong storytelling skills and be able to comfortably engage with senior management.
• Work closely with the teams to understand the business specifications/KPI's for monthly cadence reports
• Perform deep data analysis to identify the potential root cause for abnormalities
• Understand business problems and create datasets that can be leveraged to identify gaps
• Engage cross-functional teams both at global and regional markets in walking them thru analysis
• Monitor and track monthly performance reports to identify if any abnormal trends
• Build and design ETL framework to source data for Tableau dashboards
• Develop SQL queries to structure the required data supporting Tableau dashboard
• Work with multiple data sources in creating the required DataMart's to support reporting and data analysis
• Hands on with Tableau Desktop (dashboard creation, troubleshooting, data source management)
• Create interactive filters, parameters, and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau
• Perform data quality and integrity checks
• Experience in designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau.
• Experience working with large complex data sets and able to write queries to design DataMart's
• Experience in Automation of ETL process
• Experience working directly with business stakeholders or business sponsors
• Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed
• Strong proficiency in SQL and expertise in working with different data platforms (Oracle, MSSQL, Netezza, Hadoop (Impala, Hive)
• Experience in automating and scheduling processes on Hue interface
• Exposure to data analysis through statistical, regression and optimization techniques, predictive analytics, creating model frameworks possibly in Python
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website