We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Database Engineer - NoSQL (Redis)Senior Database Administrator - NoSQL (Redis)
The Mastercard Database team provides world-class support and expertise to all of Mastercard's NoSQL database environments with a goal to deliver secure, scalable, performant, resilient infrastructure and software for global solutions. The NoSQL DBA would provide support of the various environments from development to production for their related applications and be responsible for all aspects of administration with a focus on Redis databases.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the NoSQL technologies and the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Be responsible for deploying and maintaining Redis databases that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large platforms, applications and groups of users.
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
• Assist in planning and performing Redis database upgrades and migrations.
• Responsible for providing day-to-day administration support and maintenance for existing and new Redis databases.
• Perform production level support and be part of support rotation when required.
• Work with multiple application teams and developers.
• Assist in implementing long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Implement Highly Available/Resilient solutions.
• Perform debugging, tuning and performance enhancement as well as automation of operational and continuous integration aspect of the Redis platform.
• Identify inefficiencies in current databases and implement improved solutions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Related experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of Redis databases.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Knowledge of other NoSQL platforms and Cloud implementations a plus.
• Manage clients' expectations and communicates proactively.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision seeking direction as required.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Proficient with the Linux operating system.
• Working knowledge of Data Modelling with NoSQL technologies.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, Bash, ksh, perl etc.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website