We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Data Scientist – Data & AnalyticsOverview
Data & Analytics team builds internal analytic partnerships, strengthening focus on the health of the business, portfolio and revenue optimization opportunities, initiative tracking, new product development and Go-To Market strategies.
• Are you excited about Data Assets and the value they brings to an organization?
• Are you an evangelist for data driven decision making?
• Are you motivated to be part of a Global Analytics team that builds large scale Analytical Capabilities supporting end users across 6 continents?
• Do you want to be the go-to resource for data analytics in the company?
The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work closely with global & regional teams to architect, develop, and maintain advanced reporting and data visualization capabilities on large volumes of data to support analytics and reporting needs across products, markets and services.
• Obtain data from multiple sources, collate, analyze, and triangulate information to develop reliable fact bases. Effectively use tools to manipulate large-scale databases, synthesizing data insights.
• Execute cross-functional projects using advanced modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
• Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
• Extract intellectual capital from engagement work and actively share tools, methods and best practices across projects
• Provide 1st level insights/conclusions/assessments and present findings via Tableau/PowerBI dashboards, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Apply quality control, data validation, and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources.
• Lead, mentor and guide more junior team members.
• Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
• Bring your Passion and Expertise
All About You
• Experience in data management, data mining, data analytics, data reporting, data product development and quantitative analysis
• Financial Institution or a Payments experience a plus
• Experience presenting data findings in a readable and insight driven format. Experience building support decks.
• Advanced SQL skills, ability to write optimized queries for large data sets (Big data)
• Experience on Platforms/Environments: Cloudera Hadoop, Big data technology stack, SQL Server, Microsoft BI Stack
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI
• Experience with Python, R, a plus
• Experience on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) will be an added advantage
• Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
• In depth technical knowledge, drive and ability to learn new technologies
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Team player, excellent communication skills
• Must be able to interact with management, internal stakeholders and collect requirements
• Must be able to perform in a team, use judgment and operate under ambiguity
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, M.S./M.B.A. preferred
• Excellent English, quantitative, technical, and communication (oral/written) skills
• Analytical/Problem Solving
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency
• Project Management/Risk Mitigation
• Able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website