We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, Account Management - Travel and Eating PlacesOverview
The Manager, Account Management for U.S. Market Development (“USMD”) is responsible for all things Mastercard within our managed merchant base, including owning the relevant customer P&L's and driving strategic planning, and solution selling with an emphasis on Data & Services, Cyber & Intelligence and digital solutions through building and broadening our overall relationships at all levels of the company.
You will lead business development activities with a focus on select strategic merchants in our Travel and Eating Places verticals which will include working with senior/C-level executives in order to build strong partnerships that support Mastercard's financial and strategic objectives. You will proactively engage customers with historically strong relationships with Mastercard's competitors in order to position Mastercard for future growth opportunities across a broad range of products and solutions. Your performance will be measured on an annual performance to target gross dollar volume (“GDV”), services sales, digital engagement, and cross sales of complimentary activities and other qualitative achievements.
• Provide superior strategic account management driven by robust account planning – building a deep understanding of customer needs, defining creative solutions that can meet those customer needs, and working effectively across internal functions to bring together the resources required to deliver enhanced value to the customer
• Identify and develop new business opportunities (with both existing and new customers) that provide the best potential for future business growth, and appreciable return on financial investments. Carefully qualify opportunities before working with internal product experts & other stakeholders to then progress the sales process
• Support strategically significant organizational initiatives, including cross-selling of key Mastercard products, capabilities and solutions to deepen relationships
• Work with customer organizations to build an in-depth understanding of their business & build a point of view on how Mastercard solutions can address the needs of their business, leveraging internal stakeholders (pre-sales, product, engineering, and client delivery) to efficiently move prospect through highly-matrixed buy cycles
• Quickly understand new technologies & put them into context for a diverse group of customers & stakeholders within those customers
• Develop detailed business cases, including financial analysis/modeling, in support of merchant initiatives
• Ensure careful and appropriate utilization of Mastercard resources to support achievement of objectives
All About You
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent work experience applying sales leadership preferred.
• A curious, creative thinker with an agile mind, and willing and able to contribute positively to the culture of the USMD Core Merchants team, to help us continually learn, share knowledge, challenge one another to find better solutions for our clients & generally be a great place to work
• A dynamic, forward-thinking individual who will bring passion and commitment to the business
• Transparent and collaborative, able to ask great questions to build understanding, with a bias for action and a drive to achieve results
• High level of intellectual horsepower, with strong business acumen
• A positive team player, adept at engaging and leveraging internal resources to achieve success & contributing to the wider team environment
• Demonstrated leadership, be able to really own your part of the business, take initiative and create opportunities for others, working as a true team player across the Mastercard and client business
• Results driven with demonstrated business development success and effective strategic account management skills.
• Must have a strong executive presence and be able to maintain a seat at the table with executives and decisions makers and handle high-level customer interactions
• Experience in the payments business with exposure to high profile customers is desirable
• Experience (expertise a plus) in financial services, payments, fraud/risk or authentication business
• Excellent strategic thinking and analysis skills and a proven track record of creating solutions that increase revenue
• Willingness to travel, approximately 25%
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website