We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, Software Development EngineeringProviding Innovative, Secure, and Reliable Switching Solutions is the lifeblood of Mastercard Core Products, we are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced software engineer to join the Payment Networks Team.
Are you a collaborator capable of communicating effectively with Business and IT stakeholders across all organizational levels?
Are you an innovator who embraces, adopts, and studies the latest technology to solve challenging business problems?
Are you a leader who inspires the team to think “out of the box” and effectively communicates across all levels of the organization?
If this describes you, Mastercard wants to talk to you about the creation of our new agile Crypto-Services Squad.
About the Role:
- Formally supervises, coaches, and develops a work group/team
- Ensures own team(s) compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
- Coach and guide employees within own team(s)
- Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development
- Ensure quality of one or more application codebases and alignment with development standards.
- Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees.
- Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools.
- Designs highly complex applications, interfaces and integration with a modest number of systems.
- Responsible for performance engineering of the enterprise software architecture, and providing functional
guidance, advice, and/or training to other application developers.
- Group-wide and external public speaking and other communications conveying domain level directions
- Researching and evaluating tools to support domain-specific needs.
- Significant advanced code development, commitment of code/review of pull-requests, and modest day-to-day
- Engineering experience, preferably in high volume, low latency transaction processing systems (such as payments
transaction switching, high frequency trading systems or global real-time event streaming systems etc.)
- Experience with various coding languages Java, Go, C++,ESQL, etc.
- Delivered scalable products through a CI/CD pipeline deploying on-prem or in a public cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure quality across the full stack via rigorous CI/CD practices in all aspects of the SDLC (Builds, Test, and
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in event driven systems (Apache Kafka, NATS, etc)
- Experienced in building platforms with Microservice architecture and RESTful APIs.
- Experience using cloud-native approaches running on Linux, leveraging Spring Boot
- Experience with virtualization like Cloud Foundry(PCF), Kubernetes (PKS), Docker etc.
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline creation via Jenkins
BS or MS in Computer Science
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website