We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, Customer Technical ServicesJob Description Summary
Manager, Customer Technical Services
Provide overall direction and leadership to a global team responsible for meeting MasterCard and customer business objectives as it pertains to operations service activity. This role must effectively interact with all Mastercard business partners and customers in defining process management and new support strategies. Must effectively manage all budgetary aspects of this position in support of the global team ensuring all targets are met. The role must manage the team to effectively execute operations service and support activities adhering to all targeted metrics while building strong relationships with customers and internal partners. Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products or services and handle and resolve customer issues via telephone and electronic communications (e-mail/chat/SMS).
• Capture detailed and accurate information about issues, concerns and enhancements.
• Work with global customers to complete service inquiries about MasterCard core applications and products.
• Collaborate with others in support of products, processes and problem resolution.
• Demonstrate the ability to negotiate, resolve and present to internal/external customers.
• Recommend and implement business or process improvements, while recognizing global perspectives.
• Lead a diverse global staff of professional and technical individuals responsible for customer operations support activities to effectively and efficiently deliver support and services.
• Help MasterCard and its customers achieve business objectives through consultation, operations consultancy and service, as well as internal and external technical support
• Provide business/technical direction in several related disciplines
• Responsible for developing process improvements in support of customer operations
• Ensure team meets goals and targets and adheres to regional “Time to Market” commitments
• Report on the performance of the teams activities
• Build & maintain relationships with all business partners and customers
• Play lead role in defining key elements of global, functional, or new product strategies for business unit.
• Create and manage complex operational plans that result in the accomplishment of business unit objectives.
• Degree in Information Technology, Business or other related field with 5+ years' experience in the payments industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Knowledge of business or function, usually acquired through five plus years of experience in the payments industry
• Effective leadership and management skills; leads in project teams, coaching, counseling, and developing staff.
• Knowledge of network design and applications in support of Mastercard's worldwide network. This enables the leader to participate with his team and others in making analytical and strategic decisions as it pertains to these areas of focus.
• Previous experience in managing activities across a cross functional organization
• Strong Leadership and management skills
• Strong presentation, facilitation, negotiation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Experience managing and developing high-potential teams
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively within all layers of an organization
• Knowledge across several functions within a business unit or across several job areas
• Ability to analyze complex issues and provide direction towards their resolution
• Demonstrated success in developing strategy, creating and executing organizational and business plans with the ability to measure effectiveness
• Need to work across a global team which may would require some international travel
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website