We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Software Engineer - IaaS and Cloud Computing"About the job
On the Cloud Platform team, you will be part of a team managing Mastercard's AWS and Azure environments, while using your expertise in coding, analysis and system design. The team is responsible for managing the underlying infrastructure and providing deployment and infrastructure management solutions for software development and operation teams.
Implement solutions to manage Mastercard's AWS and Azure infrastructure via code.
Engage and improve the lifecycle of the AWS and Azure platform and platform services -- from development to deployment, operation and refinement.
Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Support production 24/7 environment as part of a global team. Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Experience or Certification in Azure or AWS technologies and products such as EC2, Landing Zone, Azure DevOps, etc.
• Experience in the fields of Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, BASH, Java or Go.
• Experience with AWS and Azure infrastructure management and automation
• Experience with software deployment and configuration automation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving programming
• Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale systems.
• Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
• Understanding of Windows/Linux operating systems.
• Ability to create new functionalities via contributions to upstream opensource ecosystems (such as Terraform)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website