We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead, Edge Services Engineer-2Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Edge Services team is looking for a Lead architect to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Leads initiatives to build and maintain system and platform technologies and environments, seeking opportunities for improvements and efficiencies
• Drives the complete lifecycle management process to design and renew platforms
• Manages the deployment of software and hardware solutions that are optimally standardized and system/platform updates to meet project deliverables
• Leads holistic platform security posture, which includes proactively identifying security risks and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Leads the development of troubleshooting guides and project plans to enable development programmers, business operations, and customers to utilize new and existing routing strategies
• Oversees the resolution of chronic complex problems to prevent future system and platform availability and performance issues
• May perform financial planning, forecasting, and budget tracking to reduce total cost of ownership and allocate resources efficiently
• Mentors and coaches staff by providing training to develop technical skills and capabilities across the organization
All About You
• Experience leading large cross-functional initiatives, often partnering with internal customers across development verticals, expected to provide project direction and technical expertise
• Posses an advanced understanding of web standards such as TLS and certificate management, DNS, and an overall conceptual understanding of the internet.
• Experience identifying potential opportunities such as automation optimization, new innovations, and/or increasing availability for web traffic
• Experience in Enterprise level global internet traffic management, including DNS architecture, cloud platforms, and networking principals. Cloud based traffic routing and caching mechanisms is a plus.
• Experience with dev ops fundamentals such as pipeline usage such as Jenkins.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website