We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleInsights & Implementation Coordinator – Recommendation Engine team (Senior Specialist, D&S Global Team)All about the role
Mastercard Data & Services enables customers across industries and geographies to make smarter decisions and reach better outcomes with a tailored portfolio of solutions beyond the transaction.
• We harness the power of real-time, anonymized, aggregated transaction data; powerful software platforms; and a wealth of expertise
• We empower customers to make better, data-driven decisions by unlocking a holistic view of consumer behaviour beyond their internal four walls and distilling actionable insights from data
• We work with financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies, and more
The Automatic Recommendation Engine (ARE) is at the heart of a business intelligence ecosystem, built on a universe of market data and payment insights to help customers across the globe make smarter decisions, stay competitive and embrace new trends. ARE is a highly innovative capability that automates and delivers subject-matter expertise (‘recommendations') at scale, whether in the context of consulting engagements or embedded within other Mastercard products and platforms (e.g. MIC, insights reports, MMI, etc.).
We are currently on a transformation journey to further evolve the ARE delivery platform, integrating it within all the other Business Intelligence platforms for a seamless customer experience and this role offers the opportunity to be part of a high-growth, diverse, agile, and innovative team.
As such, the Mastercard Data & Services Global Client Services Delivery team, in partnership with the Global Consulting Product team, is seeking an accomplished Associate Managing Consultant to assume global responsibility for the co-ordination and delivery of the ARE in all its formats, ensuring delivery is undertaken on time and to the highest of standards.
This global role is key to achieving our mission and offers the scope to take ownership of the overall delivery process and apply your own vision of how it should operate and evolve in the future as the diversity of deliverables expands.
To achieve this, you'll need to manage key stakeholders across Mastercard, coordinate multiple deliverables each month, and manage the day-to-day interactions with third parties. You'll also be responsible for ensuring ARE revenue is tracked & billed accurately using tools such as Salesforce.
• The set-up, management and maintenance of the regular production runs required for each Insight report where ARE recommendations are incorporated
• Creation of the ARE elements for these reports and oversight of their integration into the overall report
• Undertaking QC checking of all deliverables
• Monitoring and improving the ongoing performance and efficiency of the delivery process
• End-to-end project management of the wider delivery process, which will include:
o ensuring revenue is tracked & billed accurately using tools such as Salesforce
o managing key stakeholders, incl. product and regional teams
o managing day-to-day third-party/vendor interactions
o working with the Recommendation Lead and other SMEs to maintain the recommendations within the deliverables
• Integrating new initiatives into the overall delivery process
• Extensive experience in data manipulation, analytics, or MI reporting
• Proficient in data manipulation tools such as Python
• Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and able to deal with multiple and competing priorities
• Proven track record of successful project management and collaboration across cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding results
• Strong written & oral communication skills
• Expertise in any area of portfolio optimization (e.g. EMOB, lifecycle management, auth & fraud, etc.) is also desirable
In many locations, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website