We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Strategy and Solutions, Government Partnerships - HGEMOverview
The Strategy and Solutions Director is the main partner to the Government Partnerships Frontline sales team in the High Growth European Markets (HGEM) division of Mastercard (including the following countries: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Israel, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia) during solutioning to maximize the impact of solutions for the client. The Strategy and Solutions Director is a curator of solutions and aggregator across products for Government segment during solution bundling and helps the Account Managers ‘tell the story' to the clients. They play a critical role in ensuring relevancy and driving differentiation across all segments resulting in better relationships, market share and revenue.
The Strategy and Solutions Director reports to Customer Solutions Center Lead.
Mastercard capabilities expert for assigned segment:
• Understands value chain of assigned segments to identify trends, needs and opportunities for Mastercard
• Has a good understanding of Mastercard Products, Services and corporate strategy
• Collaborates with the Frontline teams to identify customer needs and opportunities through account planning; recommends needs-based solutions in coordination with Products, Services and Marketing
• Bridges gap between Frontline sales team and product/solution expertise
Lead Customer Solution Center complex value propositions development and sale:
• Pulled into deals by Customer Solution Center Lead when solution is complex or requires customization (e.g., requires combination of multiple products, service, or platforms)
• Works with the Customer Solution Center Lead to identify the right “squad” from a solutioning perspective to ensure the appropriate expertise is assigned to a client opportunity/RFP
• Main partner to Account Managers and Business Development Managers (Frontline) in developing and quantifying value proposition for integrated, customized solutions across products / services
• Iterates with the Frontline teams at different stages (e.g., value proposition creation, proposal development) to ensure solution meets client-specific needs
• Develops business requirements document in collaboration with product specialists and technical architect.
• Engages relevant expertise (from Sales Specialist and Solution Specialist) within the Customer Solution Center, and across other Customer Solution Centers (engage other Strategy and Solutions managers assigned to other segments) as needed
• Creates solutions & proactively builds solutions for known market needs. Solutions across the Mastercard toolbox, knitting together assets in bundles that can be readily deployed to address key customer “pain points.”
• Identifies enabling partners i.e. external parties such as fintechs, for solutioning when capabilities are not present internally within Mastercard
• “Rinses and repeats” successful solutions and sales approaches
Knowledge, insights and best practice sharing:
• Shares best practices with Strategy and Solutions community
• Provides input to the product/solution groups and segment leads to enhance
All About You:
Key capabilities: customer and business focused, tech savvy, team player, barrier challenger, problem solver, sleeves rolled-up
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Business or Engineering
• Deep understanding, experience and discipline of product development, product management, and problem solving
• Extensive experience of working as a partner to account managers/ sales staff
• Experience in managing issuing and acquiring products in B2B segment
• Experience in working in Government partnerships is a plus
• Good understanding of Mastercard products and services is a plus
• Strong ability to comprehend the business, market context and customer needs to drive and architect integrated and innovative solutions
• Highly collaborative with strong ability to drive cross functional teams
• Strong skills in verbal and written storytelling and packaging of pitch material
• Ability to assemble backing from internal stakeholders in order to build organizational support for the proposed solution
• Understanding of technical basics, e.g. APIs, process flows
• Demonstrated ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data, and derive meaningful implications and recommendations from this data
This role is known internally as 'Solution Architect'
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website