We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleCounsel, Business Conduct OfficeOverview:
The role of Counsel, Business Conduct Office, is to conduct internal investigations under the oversight of more senior attorneys, disposition conflicts of interest and collect, analyze, and present data related to those investigations and conflicts disclosures effectively, efficiently, and independently.
• Respond rapidly to incidents and inquiries as necessary, ensuring information collected and examined is appropriately handled to protect employees and the organization, under the direction and supervision of more senior attorneys
• Consult with internal Law Department colleagues and external counsel in connection with investigations
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the case management system and its vendor with minimal oversight
• Highest-quality management of compliance data and systems, including the presentation and back-up materials for the Audit Committee and downstream reports for the business
• Design and deliver data analyses utilizing metrics, dashboards and other accessible formats selecting approaches that appropriately convey complex information in a user-friendly format
• Thoughtfully analyze and promptly disposition conflicts of interest
• Research and review laws and regulations relevant to investigations and BCO-managed policies (e.g., Whistleblower)
• Interact and maintain positive working relationships with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Law, Employee Relations, People & Capability, Corporate Security, Finance, Regions and Compliance Program Owners
• Serve as the go-to person in the resolution of routine issues/tasks within the Business Conduct Office: independently producing all assigned deliverables on their assigned cadence – case closure reports, update reporter list, check Qualtrics surveys, access management reviews, updates to desktop procedures and operating manual, compliance with Records Retention schedule etc.
• Vendor and expense management, including SOWs, invoicing, purchase orders, contract renewals, etc.
• Provide support as needed for the Risk Clarity Survey including data analysis, quality control and assistance in preparing presentations and supporting materials
All About You:
• Experience working in law firm or in an in-house law department
• Licensed to practice law in New York
• Excellent judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail
• Strong data analytic skills and turning data into knowledge and information
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to foster trusted relationships
• Experience multi-tasking, managing multiple projects and assignments concurrently, and managing and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
• Proven track record of integrity with demonstrated ability to manage large projects and prioritize appropriately
• Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; proficient in Word and other common Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated ability with data management and analytics and tools (e.g., Domo, Tableau, Alteryx)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, emphasizing clear and concise drafting and careful proofreading
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website