We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleTechnical Writer - Mastercard Launch 2023The Mastercard Launch program is aimed at early career talent, to help you develop skills and gain cross-functional work experience. Over a period of 18 months, Launch participants will be assigned to a business unit, learn and develop skills, and gain valuable on the job experience.
Mastercard's Content Strategy and Development team produces customer-facing content packaged into release documents, bulletins, user guides, implementation guides, testing references, application online help, and more. This team supports global products and services across Mastercard and works with internal partners to understand the needs of stakeholders and end users (B2B Mastercard customers) and develops flexible & reusable content to support core and emerging products & services.
About the Role:
· Attend PI Planning and scrum meetings in an agile environment with the product teams
· Draft content for release notes and user guides based on the features/stories/PRB defects
· Learn the review process and collaborate to ensure timely publication on the Technical Resource Center
· Product content for upcoming product releases and announcements
· Be accountable for the successful completion of high-quality projects within the technical writing function
All about you:
· Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program majoring in Technical Writing or a related field with a graduation date of Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
· Experience or familiarly with XML, PDF, HTML, DITA, API
· Taxonomy knowledge or familiarity with leveraging technical expertise that maximizes opportunities for re-use
· Familiarity with Content Management systems such as Ixiasoft or Oxygen a plus
· Adaptable to dynamic change and ambiguity thriving in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot independently
Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills + excellent organization
In many locations, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website