Description & Qualifications
Reports to the recreation supervisor. Responsible for monitoring and directing students engaged in center‑sponsored recreational activities on‑ and off‑center in compliance with government and management directives. This position pays $14.00 an hour.
- Assist the supervisor, recreation in planning, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program which will attract voluntary participation.
- Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreation activities.
- Conduct and coordinate recreation activities.
- Chaperone students to center recreation functions.
- Assist with monitoring of the student store.
- Operate and maintain DVD/video projection system and related equipment.
- Conduct activities for career preparation students that enhance student retention.
- Conduct activities with other departments on center to offer a variety of activities that meet the needs of all students.
- Assist in the evaluation of DVD/video offerings through student input and personal evaluation and make recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in Career Development Services System (CDSS) by creating positive peer leadership and role modeling techniques through activities on and off center.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- De-escalate potential verbal or physical student altercations.
- Provide support with daily unauthorized absence retrieval to improve student retention.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year recreation experience or verified voluntary experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid commercial driver's license with an acceptable driving record or ability to obtain commercial license within 120 days of employment.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website