**$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!**
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Scrub Technician II for our Surgical Services Department to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program, and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Dons appropriate attire required by hospital and OSHA policies.
- Able to create and maintain a sterile field.
- Able to scrub all cases, anticipate needs of the surgeon, and precept staff and students.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical anatomy and understanding of instrumentation and procedures.
- Does not divert attention from the operative field.
- Able to anticipate basic needs of surgeon/assistant. Able to anticipate when to initiate closing counts.
- Labels all medications on the sterile field.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of instrumentation/sequence of procedure.
- Able to scrub independently on small to moderate and specialty cases.
- Organizes the operating room with instruments, supplies, and equipment needed for the day.
- Shows knowledge of circulating components/responsibilities as evidenced by completion of skills checklist.
- Able to assist primary circulator in his/her role.
- Able to place cautery dispersive electrode on appropriate body parts knowing to check bony prominences; and for metal implants/assess need for shaving at bovie site.
- Applies principles of standard and transmission based precautions.
- Helps maintain a safe environment for personnel and patients.
- Assists primary circulator to ensure smooth flow in the operating room.
- Assumes responsibility to check the following cases of the day for accuracy and location of needed instruments.
- Obtains needed medications from drug cart and pharmacy for circulator.
- Able to independently perform preps.
- Exercises sound judgement and decision making skills on behalf of patient, self, and peers.
- Pursues opportunities to enhance personal and/or professional growth.
- Communicates effectively with staff, peers, physicians, and other departments.
- Organizes work to complete duties efficiently and effectively
- Serves as a professional member of the Operating Room team
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures, supports the mission of the hospital.
- All other duties as requested.
- Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program (required)
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Technology (preferred)
- American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Healthcare provider (required)
- Certified Surgical Technician (required)
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website