DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a RN Case Manager? At HCA LewisGale Regional Health System, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At HCA LewisGale Regional Health System, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment-up to $150 a month
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Responsibilities of the Case Manager
- Develops a case management plan of care to include identified clinical, psychosocial and discharge needs; coordinates plan of care; plan is documented in the medical record; plan is communicated to appropriate clinical disciplines.
- Evaluates admissions for medical necessity using approved criteria at defined intervals throughout the episode of care; escalates medical necessity and admission status issues through the established chain of command
- Performs utilization management reviews and communicates information to third party payers
- Acts as a liaison through effective and professional communications between and with physicians, patient / family, hospital staff, and outside agencies
- Makes appropriate referrals to third party payer disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states
- Assesses patients' post discharge needs and facilitates the provision of services necessary to meet identified needs
- Identifies patients with the potential for high risk complications and makes appropriate referrals acting as an advocate for the individual's healthcare needs
- Directs activities to identify and provide for the needs of the under resourced patient population to include patient education activities, patient assistance programs, and community based resources
- Develops individual plans of care for recurring patients to include education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community based resources
- Assumes a leadership role in the development, revision, and implementation of clinical protocols which transition patients across the continuum of care or discharge patients to an appropriate service level of care
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established Chain of Command timely
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
For more information on the culture at LGMC click on the video below:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs7IFayiuhw
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our RN Case Manager opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website