Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At LewisGale Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN Lewisgale Medical Center Emergency Services and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
At LewisGale Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN Lewisgale Medical Center Emergency Services opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking an experienced Emergency Room Registered Nurse to deliver exceptional patient care in our fast-paced emergency room. In this role, you will provide nursing care on cases ranging from minor injuries to acutely or critically ill patients. Our team is amazing, we consider ourselves a family who work hard to support each other and we are looking for someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. Our leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships. If that is you, come be a part of what makes us great and apply today!
- As a Registered Nurse in our Emergency Department, you will triage, assess and treat patients of all ages
- You will manage multiple cases simultaneously providing general nursing care and prioritizing needs based on acuity levels across the unit continually
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially under pressure
- You will coordinate functions with physicians and other departments of the hospital, while being patient focused and safety aware at all times
· In order to provide a great experience, you will collaborate with patients, families, and the healthcare team to coordinate an effective follow up plan of care and necessary referrals.
· As a Registered Nurse in this unit, you will document effectively, succinctly, and timely according to organizational policy.
· Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
· BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
· Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
· American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt, or ACLS Instructor must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or BCLS Instructor must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt, or PALS Instructor must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
LewisGale Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1909. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 500+ bed hospital is one of the leading acute care facilities in the Salem area. We specialize in heart and vascular care—including the latest advanced technology available through our designated Heart Center—as well as orthopedics and spine care, services for mental and behavioral health and cancer care.
At LewisGale Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN Lewisgale Medical Center Emergency Services opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website