Service Desk Manager (Stennis Space Center, MS)
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
The SD Manager shall manage the performance of Level 1/1.5 services and support to customers to ensure that service levels are achieved. The SD Manager is responsible for ensuring that customer expectations are met or exceeded. They are also responsible for ensuring the Contractor staff is meeting and exceeding performance expectations, defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and deliverables.
The SD Manager will disseminate policy, prepare and distribute schedules, monitor Contractor activities, advise Government personnel of the status of projects, and prepare deliverables. The SD Manager or designated representative shall be responsible for the delivery and coordination of all deliverables required of the Service Desk task areas of this PWS.
Work closely with management and functional departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost effective technology
solutions to enable business objectives. Define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices that provide cost effective and secure IT systems and operations.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents
- Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers
- Train and coach service desk specialists (Level 1 – 1.5) before being assigned to their duties. Oversee staff activities.
- Identify team leads for three sections including Tier 1.5, Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Verify sufficient employee coverage and provide backup support
- Communicate status/issues with customers
- Develop strategies for improvement
- Monitor and manage phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed)
- Oversee Knowledge Management repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff
- Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation; and
- Review customer satisfaction survey feedback from end users to improve services, tools and support experience
- Work closely with management and functional departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions to enable business objectives
- Define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices that provide cost effective and secure IT systems and operations
- Work closely with key business leaders to define critical information needs, providing guidance regarding availability of data, capability of systems to deliver information needs, and subject matter expertise regarding current systems and emerging technology
- Lead the research, evaluation and selection of new technologies
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures and standards
- Develop requests for proposal
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems
- Oversee provision of end-user services
- Keep current with the latest technologies
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio
- Manage IT assets, procurement and vendors
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Three to five years experience in IT service desk environment
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) or Service Desk Institute (SDI) certification
- ITIL certification
- Seven to ten years experience as a lead in an IT service desk environment with a minimum user base of 30,000 users
- Seven or more years experience and bachelors degree in business administration, management information systems, mathematics, information technology, computer sciences, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Seven years of experience managing one or more major information processing functions (operations, development, data
processing, etc.) and/or through advanced college training in management or information services
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to deal with personnel situations as well as excellent management skills to
successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting, and administrative responsibilities involved
- A comprehensive, and frequently updated, knowledge of the general direction of the information technology industry is
- Ability to work independently and to promote the effective teaming of others in order to achieve objectives
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of management, other IT professionals and end users
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by
identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers
- Active U.S. Government Department of Defense (DoD) Secret level security clearance
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Global Enterprise Solutions, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CA #CS #MM #NEON
Apply on company website