Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Fort Walton Beach, FL provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS AIS-FWB has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Title: Senior BuyerJob Summary
Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of commodities or major subcontract items.Job Responsibilities
- Primary assigned commodity either mechanical or electrical depending on experience
- Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of commodities or major subcontract items
- Facilitate and manage any supplier issues (i.e. cost, quality, delivery, customer service)
- Manage all aspects of supplier including A/P holds
- Initiate and follow through on any supplier changes (Engineering Change Notices)
- Lead negotiations and apply knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk
- Establish and maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers. Resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
- Understand demand/spend profile for assigned commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- Communicate supplier performance including supplier visits as required
- Be the primary contact between DRS personnel and assigned suppliers
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related field and 5 years of experience in Purchasing
- Requires the ability to understand military specs and read blue prints
- Requires ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Knowledge and use of price and cost analysis
- Strong negotiating and critical thinking skills
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Apply on company website