Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Fort Walton Beach, FL provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS AIS-FWB has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Title: Material Handler
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, FLJob Summary Job Responsibilities
- Read work orders or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved
- Open containers using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Load materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools
- Convey materials to or from storage or worksites to designated areas to include the manufacturing floor by use of hand truck, electric dolly, forklift, or other device
- Count, weigh, and record materials moved or handled in an ERP system
- Attach tags or labels to materials or otherwise mark information
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- High school diploma or GED
- May require forklift certification
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Apply on company website