LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
The individual will be a member of the FPGA development team of DRS' Electro Optics and Imaging Systems (EOIS) division. In this role, the FPGA design engineer will support the design, development, and test of Infrared Sensors. The key responsibilities are the following: participate in requirements analysis, electronics architecture definition, RTL coding, test bench design, verification, synthesis, place and route, timing closure, Design Verification Testing, and the generation of FPGA design documentation
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: BSEE or BSCS
- Experience: 2+ years of experience as an FPGA Design Engineer
- Fluent in VHDL and Verilog
- Experienced using Xilinx and/or Microsemi FPGAs
- Experienced with design and simulation tools (Xilinx Vivado, Microsemi Libero, Mentor QuestaSim)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Familiar with PC applications like Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of image processing and algorithm development, preferred but not required
- Familiar with low-power design techniques
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, Visual Basic, and C/C++, preferred but not required
- Working experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and DMMs
- Experience with VHDL and Verilog hardware description languages
- Experience with FPGA development flow
- Experience with digital circuit and PCB design
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and DMMs
Duties and Responsibilities
- FPGA firmware design including RTL development in VHDL and Verilog
- FPGA simulation, hardware integration/test support, and documentation.
- Circuit card and system requirements definition and specification support.
- On-going support of products to ensure successful transition to full scale production
- The employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
- Travel up to 5%
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website