SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Floor Care Technician Environmental Services Department (EVS) PRN, Shifts Vary, 0.001 FTE Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
Position Description: The EVS Floor Care Technician works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties:
- Provides cleaning services and tile/carpet floor maintenance with consideration of patients, their family and friends, with regard to their personal dignity and respect for their values.
- Performs environmental tasks dealing with adherence to infection control policies and procedures to maintain a clean and safe patient environment.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of patient's room as well as cleaning discharged rooms in a timely manner for incoming admissions.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining non-patient areas, offices, common areas, hallways, and common area rest rooms.
- Responsible for proper handling of all chemicals as well as following proper infection control policies and proper PPE use.
- Ensures patient rooms and physical hospital flooring is cleaned and maintained in an efficient, safe, and timely manner, Ensures equipment is in working order, ensures preventive maintenance is completed on equipment.
- Two years' experience providing environmental services in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Ability to read, write and converse in English required.
- Adaptability – Effectively adapts to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Energy – Maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
- Empathy – Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing stress and loss to reduce tension
- Stress Tolerance – Maintains stable performance under pressure Communication – Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
- Customer Engagement – Able to effectively engage with patients and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation for cleanliness during their stay SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website