The Warehouse Supervisor facilitates the achievement of operational efficiencies of the warehousing and distribution group as well as ancillary support functions providing inputs and outputs to the logistics operation. This individual applies policy and procedure at the frontline level, enforces standard operating procedures, develops and applies best practices, and creates a culture of continuous improvement in a safe working environment. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating a variety of lift trucks and material handling equipment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternate solutions when necessary.
- Provides training and development opportunities to assigned associates; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Responds well to questions and seeks clarification when needed.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments.
- Writes clearly and communicates effectively; able to read and interpret written information and numerical data.
- Communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Demonstrates strong planning, decision making, facilitating and process improvement skills.
- Enforces quality standards and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Understands cost implications of decisions; seeks to drive cost from the operation without sacrificing quality and service.
- Supports the organizations goals and values; follows policy and procedure.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands.
- Seeks increased responsibility; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Observes safety and security policies, reports accidents and unsafe conditions; enforces GMP and HACCP standards.
- Directly supervises 15-30 hourly associates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Associates degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school
- 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience in report writing
- Must possess excellent organization and time management skills because this is a high-paced high-issue job.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website