ABOUT LASSONDE PAPPAS
Lassonde Pappas & Company is the U.S. division of Lassonde Industries, the #1 Juice manufacturer in Canada. Lassonde Pappas & Company manufactures, distributes and markets both Branded and Private Label beverages in the US marketplace. Our diverse portfolio includes brands such as Apple & Eve®, NorthLand®, and The Switch®. Additionally, we are a leading provider of Private Label Juices and Drinks.
The Senior Brand Manager reports to the Sr. Director of Equity & Innovation and is based out of our Carney's Point, NJ location. This leader will be responsible for delivering brand and business objectives for Apple & Eve, Northland and The Switch via development and execution of strategic marketing plans, as well as overseeing a portfolio of “control” brands. Additionally, the Senior Brand Manager will be responsible for achievement of all brand Channel- specific objectives across a significant business base in Schools, Food Service, Club, and Value channels as well as assist in corporate marketing initiatives. Senior Brand Manager will also manage research, development and support of the commercialization of new products.
· Develop channel strategy for branded portfolio to effectively build business with the right brands in the right channels
· Devise brand strategies in consideration of total portfolio/company objectives and strategies for Apple & Eve, NorthLand and The Switch
· Effectively and efficiently achieve brand and business performance targets via development and execution of strategic plans and supporting initiatives
· Responsible for setting objectives and formulating plans for his/her brands and channel-specific focus areas
· Actively partner with sales teams to develop growth and innovation strategies, including formulating new products/programs, developing and participating in customer selling presentations, contending with competitive threats, etc.
· Lead internal cross functional teams and external agencies in development and activation of plans/programs
· Utilize strong analytic skills to leverage data across multiple sources to become an expert in the category, and bring rigor in translating data into insights and action
· Develop consumer research objectives and lead qualitative and quantitative research initiatives, including surveys, focus groups, ethnographies, positioning tests and packaging studies to guide business decisions and validate opportunities
· Lead branded front and back end innovation
· Author new product concepts & development briefs complete with business objective, bench marks, target costs, deadlines and retail launch date to initiate projects.
· In partnership with Performance Business Management team, deliver P&L, including Y1 and ongoing volume forecasts, along with pricing and trade recommendations to profitably win in the marketplace
· Partner with legal/regulatory and R&D on claim development substantiation to develop appropriate support for new product launches
· Assist in shaping a culture of creativity and innovating thinking with development of best-in-class innovation practices and processes
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
· BA/BS degree required, MBA strongly preferred
· 7+ years of experience in brand management / innovation
· Experience in CPG industry required, Food & Beverage strongly preferred
· Strong and agile leadership skills with the ability to spearhead strategic initiatives with senior members of the organization and activate with cross-functional team members
· Passion for building brands and businesses, with a hard work ethic and a willingness to get your hands dirty
· Keen desire and curiosity to uncover consumer & customer insights and satisfy their needs
· Demonstrates initiative, goal oriented and focused on results
· Strong analytical skills, presentation skills and creativity; comfortable with groups/customers
· Adaptable and able to deal with ambiguity and change
· Comfortable with entrepreneurial environment and smaller company budgets
· Experience with digital marketing (website, social, SEO)
· Experience with stage gate new product development process
· Create a positive and inspiring work environment for the broader team as a key leader in the marketing organization
· 2 direct reports: manage and develop performance and skills; provide leadership and appropriate range of challenging assignments; oversee project workload
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20-35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Lassonde Pappas is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 856-455-1000 for assistance
Apply on company website