The Production Lead Small Plant 1 reports to the Production Manager and is based out of our Springdale, Arkansas location. This individual will be a support person for all operators on the line by helping with line balancing, troubleshooting equipment, product quality checks, product safety (including sensory (CQP) and monitoring of CCP requirements), support break and lunch relief while keeping a clean and organized work area.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a clean work area: occasional hosing down and mopping the area as needed
- Assist the line operators in picking up dropped caps, bottles, labels, cardboard or any other spillage in the production area
- Ensure area is organized and free of debris, such as wood chips from pallets, especially near the filler
- Ensure area is wiped and cleaned through the “clean as you go” program
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment throughout the line and support maintenance when there is downtime
- Assist with package changeovers on all the equipment by adjusting rails, swapping out change parts on the filler, labeler and packer
- Coordinate breaks and lunches with other operators and filling in as the operator while the operator is on break or lunch
- Ensure highest productivity on the line by maintaining a balanced line and reducing or minimizing waste on the line when it comes to juice, caps, labels, cardboard, bottles and other packaging materials. Reworks bottles from the empty chute from the single filler and dumping back juice that is reworkable
- Ensure good quality product by assisting the operators with analytical checks such as sensory (CQP), monitoring of CCP requirements, brix, TA, correct label usage, correct coding and correct use of trays/RSC – verify individual runs on the cap code, bottle code and case code
- Coordinate with forklift operator on correct bottle usage at the filler
- Ensure the line is well organized and free of debris.
- Ensure floors free of juice by washing down any spillage to minimize slippery conditions
- Verify employees are using equipment guards and safe lifting and machine operators are conducted in a safe manner
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of production experience operating equipment
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website