The Operator, Forklift & Palletizer reports to the Warehouse Manager and is based out of our California location. This individual will be responsible for operating the palletizer and forklift associated with the line they have been assigned to in an efficient manner. Employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail through many changes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Operate forklift to stack and retrieve goods, supplies, and materials
· Responsible for maintaining inventory and for production area cleanliness
· Document and maintain inventory records
· Responsible for set-up and operation of automatic palletizer, stretch wrap machine and related equipment
· Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery
· Adjust machine setting to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely fashion
· Know the purpose and follow proper operation of all safety switches, interlocks and safety devices
· Understand and properly operate all machine controls (mechanical, electrical and pneumatic)
· Perform code changes
· Monitor pattern forming of the cases on the palletizer
· Change rolls of stretch wrap
· Clear jams, re-sequence the palletizer, and replace fallen cartons
· Properly change codes in the tagger computer
· Coordinate with the line driver so the correct pallets are available to the pallet dispenser
· Demonstrate proficiency in operating the palletizer
· Understand the HMI (touch screen)
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
· Six months experience in a manufacturing environment operating production equipment
· A high school diploma or equivalent
· Must have excellent time management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
Equal Opportunity at Lassonde Pappas
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
Apply on company website