The Materials Handler (Stager) for the Blending department is responsible for pulling all the ingredients and concentrate for Production and returning any unused to corrected storage locations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job). Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities include partnering with the Processing / Blending Manager to:
- Pull and stage ingredients and concentrates for next day production. Operate a forklift to move ingredients and concentrate throughout the Warehouse, cooler, and freezer with the use of tow trailer as needed.
- Review Production schedule, determine requirements, determine priority (freezer, cooler, dry) level, organizing staging lanes and executing the pulling in a timely manner to minimize congestion and optimize flow.
- Utilize inventory reporting system, RF scanners to track movement and QAD to determine quality attribute levels in certain lots, and use of FEFO method, when applicable.
- Put away any unused ingredient and concentrate from previous day's production. Review Production schedule, determine which requirements were not used from previous day and determine priority (freezer, cooler, dry) level. Execute the returns in a timely manner to minimize congestion and optimize flow.
- Use RF scanners to track movement, using QAD to determine correct locations for the return, and returning any unused production, so that FIFO method can be used next time the production is pulled.
- Run FEFO report from QAD, put into Excel format, sort, and filter information.
- Print Production schedule and use for printing batch sheets and Pro-guides to be used in Blending. Ability to fill out batch sheets with ingredient information.
- Keep the staging area, coolers, dry ingredient storage and freezer clean and organized. Areas should be organized by keeping lot integrity in each area, keeping one partial per item and keeping area free of debris and leaks. Requires occasional sweeping of the area, using sweeper and scrubber and at times a broom / squeegee.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
A high school diploma or GED. Valid forklift certification and driver's license. Minimum of one year's experience driving a forklift.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food / beverage industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Credibility and integrity
- Build and maintain professional relationships
- Computer and hand held scanner experience
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position. This position requires the ability to read and understand production schedules, production requirements, lot numbers, FEFO, ingredient labeling and QAD screens, along with production specs. Requires considerable knowledge of principles and practices of Supply Chain, manufacturing and inventory practices, effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills:
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning / organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness, very detailed oriented, monitors own work to ensure quality, and uses feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security – the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to train new employees as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
- FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery / equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility; ability to lift 50 to 75 pounds; twist / turn and reach above head. Exposure to noisy and wet conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal) and exposure to cold temperatures (from the freezer).
- OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
- VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
- HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from machinery horns, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This position has no direct reports.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Apply on company website