Job Description for: General Labor
Type of Work
General Labor works under the direction of the Production Supervisor. Employee must be able to dump back, destroy product in the proper way directed by the Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties General Labor
- Provide sanitation detail.
- Assist various pieces of equipment.
- Safely operates the PET, trash and corrugated compactors.
- Properly segregates and disposes of recyclable material.
- Strip labels, re-case product and/or dump back product as necessary.
- Hand palletizes when necessary.
- Works in a safe manner following all PPE requirements.
- Must be able to work all shifts and overtime.
- Performs miscellaneous duties that are assigned by the Supervisor or Line Leader.
- Properly fills out all required documentation.
The Physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job.
· Regularly required to talk and hear.
· Regularly required to stand, walk and bend.
· Regularly required to climb stairs.
· Regularly required to use hands and fingers.
· Regularly required to lift and carry 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics listed below represent conditions one would routinely encounter while performing the duties of this job function.
· Moving machinery parts.
· High noise levels.
· Fluctuations in ambient temperature.
Conditions of Employment
· Must follow Company safety policies as outlined in the Company Safety Manual.
· Adhere to the Company Attendance Policy.
· Will complete tasks assigned by the Superintendent, Supervisor, or Line Leader.
· Must be able to work overtime when needed.
· Must be able to work weekends or holidays as needed.
· Must be a team player.
· Must possess a full understanding and be in full compliance of all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to general safety rules. General work rules, good manufacturing practices (GMP's), harassment policy, drug and alcohol policy, etc.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Lassonde Pappas is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 856-455-1000 for assistance
Apply on company website