Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the Manager, FP&A will support the corporate finance team at Lassonde
Pappas & Co. This role will be responsible for managing and providing cost accounting, financial, and
operational decision support analysis in meeting the overall strategic plans of Lassonde Pappas & Co. This
position works out of the Lassonde Pappas corporate headcounters in Carneys Point, NJ.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Key lead in Financial Brand Management - Financial Analysis, Budgeting, & Forecasting.
- Work effectively with cross-functional business teams on Revenue & Trade Management.
- Analyzes, interprets, and explains the Product/Customer Mix, Cost, and Margin.
- Develop and deliver concise, compelling reports and presentation of findings.
- Designs and builds models to support Forecasting, Budgeting, a Profitability analytics.
- Develop tools and management reports to improve financial processes and decisions.
- Developing costing and financial analysis strategies.
- Assist with the evaluation of various business investments and financial opportunities.
- Facilitates the budgeting, forecasting, and business planning of the organization.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable)
- Manage 1-2 employees
- Communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, and assessing job results; coaching, and counseling employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals; identifying and evaluating trends; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or Economics
- 7-10 years of cost accounting/analytical experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in Cost analytics and Plant analytics
- Experience in Business Intelligence Tools – Specifically QlikView
- Ability to operate independently and "self-manage" projects, true multitasking. Highly organized and process oriented with strong reasoning abilities
- Strong understanding of Accounting and Financial principles. Skilled at analyzing causes of variances between actual and budgeted income and expenses. Skilled at synthesizing all forms of data into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables
- Ability to identify, research, and create Excel models to solve problems. Mastery in PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ability to develop graphs/charts, working knowledge of corporate financial systems
- The ability to think critically and independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communicator, with the ability to collaborate across divisions & at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, be flexible and learn new business processes
- Ability to travel 10%
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- CPA or MBA preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website