The Electrician reports to the Maintenance Manager and is based out of our Seabrook, New Jersey location. This individual will be responsible for repairing and maintaining equipment and systems throughout the facility. This includes electrical and mechanical preventative maintenance, machinery repair, projects and improvements, as well as production support of any kind.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construct, maintain, and test electrical systems and components
- Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and modify electronic parts
- Ensure systems and components meet established specifications
- Study and record time, motion, methods, and speed to improve efficiency
- Complete all documentation and paperwork associated with maintenance, including documenting deficiencies and problems on PM paperwork
- Contribute to PM development through active collaboration and idea generation
- Understand preventive maintenance methods, including proper greasing, oiling, cleaning and adjusting, as well as modern electrical preventative maintenance methods including temperature/vibration monitoring, power quality assessment, software/program updating, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Five years of mechanic experience
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Proficient in working with low voltage and high voltage circuits
- Proficient in troubleshooting motor wiring, switches, fuses, and other common electrical failures
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
- Experience in Manufacturing or production environment a plus
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website