The Case Packer Operator I reports to the Production Manager and is based out of our Springdale, Arkansas location. This individual will be responsible for operating the Case Packer associated with the line the employee has been assigned to in an efficient manner. Employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail through many changes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate a case packing, case former, and case sealing production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Use computer-controlled equipment to select, position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines
- Control and adjust machine settings to complete simple tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion
- Know the purpose and follow proper operation of all safety switches, interlocks and safety devices
- Perform label cuts and clear jams
- Monitor the flow of cases out of the case packer, add bottles to partially filled cases, monitor label quality and replace bottles as necessary
- Monitor the operation of the case sealer; maintain the glue level in the hot melt unit with the specified glue
- Change codes in the Marsh coder, as needed
- Remove and replace grid and assist maintenance in size changeovers
- Proficient in all maintenance aspects of the case packer and case sealer
- Maintain work area clean and orderly on an on-going basis, in compliance with the company's good housekeeping practices.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Forklift certification
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Three months manufacturing experience
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment a plus
- Excellent time management skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website