Offering $20,000 Sign-On Bonus
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
Benefits We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan assistance program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans.
The Neuroscience RN staff nurse provides direct critical neuroscience nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, delegates and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Acute medical/surgical care of diseases and conditions including but not limited to: cardiovascular (cardiac medical only) pulmonary, neuro, GI, GU, skeletal/muscular, renal, ortho conditions and diseases including but not limited to: AMI, CAD, PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, shock, renal failure, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for Neuroscience patients of appropriate ages in each assigned areas; i.e. craniotomies, pituitary surgical patients, ischemic stoke classification, VP shunts and cervical and lumber surgeries.
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral, neurological and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation, professional development.
- Provides for the processing of patients transitions thru department, and movement of patients to other levels of care; i.e. rehab.
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the department, such as pain, adaptation, mobility, and outcomes.
- Educates the patient/family based on individual needs. Will need 10 hours of stroke education per year.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Specializes in the care of patient's with biopsychosocial alteration due to nervous system dysfunction.
- Responsible for maintaining and meeting AANN and JCAHO standards.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
ACLS (employee will have 30 days to renew certifications upon returning from a LOA)
TX RN license or compact State Nursing license required
Completion of RN/LVN program leading to licensure
- Preferred Education, Licensure, Certification, Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Preferred experience as RN in Critical Care, Med-Surg., Orthopedic Surgery and Neurology
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment for new GN's/RN's.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills; i.e. word-processing systems used by Las Palmas Medical Center.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
- Knowledge of general hospital operations.
Apply on company website