SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare. Benefits: PRN We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Position Summary: This position acts as a coordinator between internal and external referral sources, and acute inpatient rehab operations. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payors, and other referral sources. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical screenings and assessments in collaboration with both hospital Case Management and the Rehab Medical Director. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist works closely with hospital case management to ensure a responsive and smooth flowing referral and admission process for the inpatient acute rehab program. Professional Requirements:
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills within the facility and with the public.
- Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat, clean and professional.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful conditions.
- Participates in weekend rotation schedule to ensure continuous access by referral sources to rehab services, such as referral, evaluation and admission to program; 7 days a week.
- Consistently completes all assignments in a timely manner, is thorough and appropriately detailed.
- Complies with all regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled. Able to provide personal transportation to multiple referral sites throughout marketing catchment area(s).
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Attends departmental in-services and completes annual competencies/education requirements.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, infection control and emergency management.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the Unit.
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e. RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist).
- Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer.
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty.
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience.
- Professional appearance.
- Effective verbal, written and persuasive communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills (25 wpm minimum).
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
- BCLS certification (AHA)
- Pass CARE tool credentialing, when available via UDS
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of accepting position.
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient Rehabilitation patient.
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation preferred.
- Persistent and persuasive when faced with challenging circumstances.
- Ability to analyze data related to referral opportunities.
- Skilled strategy planning and goal setting.
- Ability to build strong relationships with referral sources while being engaging, accountable and responsive.
- Self-directed with problem solving capability.
- Ability to navigate a medical record for determination of medical necessity for an IRF admission.
- Ability to analyze clinical data looking at diagnosis and comorbidities that will demonstrate the patients' complete medical picture.
- Experienced in speaking in medical terminology with physicians, case managers, therapists about disease states, comorbidities, and patient care.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website