The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane's unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.Job Description
The Tunnel Construction Manager is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project.
- Overall responsibility for safety, quality, and budget for projects $250 Million and up
- In charge of project cost, staffing, and scheduling
- Direct reports include: Field Superintendent, Project Engineer, Office Manager, QC, and Safety.
- Prepare project status reports and work to ensure work adheres to contract specifications
- Lead and direct the work of others
- Communicate district and corporate information to the project team as well as keeping District Manager/Assistant District Manager updated
- Direct and supervise work of project administration, project superintendents, and engineers to establish operation priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships
- Establish/Define/Promote values, expectations, and performance standards for team and individual members in accordance with Lane's mission, vision, and values
- Create and execute project work plans
- Responsible for the overall management of the project (e.g. resources, schedule) to ensure complete solution is delivered on time and within budget
- Manage cost, schedule, and program documentation.
- Represent Lane's team and manage their relationships to: Owners, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and other outside stakeholders to the project
- Capable of managing projects in excess of $250 Million
- Effectively provide subcontractor management
- Coach and develop staff
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated success in managing large complicated construction projects in excess of $250 Million with large self-performed components
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred but not mandatory
- MUST have Heavy/Highway experience including significant self-performance
- Must have 10 years of project management experience in tunnel construction
- Strong working knowledge of grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes
- Creativity and innovation are a must
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website