The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane's unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.Job Description
The Quality Control Manager oversees the evaluation of a finished product for quality and reliability. May assist in the development of quality control standards.
Including but not limited to:
- Review construction quality control practices to determine areas that require improvement
- Prepare written audit reports for management and the auditee to facilitate improvement
- Develop/implement corrective action and training tools for field personnel
- Periodically follow-up on corrective actions to verify compliance and improvement
- Prepare technical reports.
- Perform activities in support of ESA implementation of quality assurance and quality control requirements
- Provide quality related training for field personnel
- Review and recommend acceptance of contractor quality programs, plans and checklists
- Take part in Readiness Reviews and other associated meetings
- Schedule, plan and conduct quarterly oversight of third party contractors and prepare written reports for management
- Track and report inspection activities
- Develop adequate quality documentation/procedures
- Evaluate plan processes as it relates to quality control and make necessary recommendations for improvements
- Assure company complies with specifications by any State, FAA, or other contracting agency or owner
- Be familiar with plans, specification, and contract requirements for ongoing projects
- Evaluate mix designs to ensure maximization of low cost materials
- Interpret contract proposals for evaluation of QC requirements
- Have knowledge of and comply with all safety policies in field operations, plants and laboratory
- Interact with owner groups to protect Company interests
- Communicate well with owners, management, and employees
- Attend and participate in Contractor Organizations related to quality control
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 years experience in quality control
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Able to prepare quality and accurate reports, and interact with ESA and contractor/consultant personnel.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2000).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website