The Lane Construction Corporation is one of America's leading construction companies, specializing in large, complex civil infrastructure. For nearly 130 years, it has contributed to the development of the country's vast network of roads, highways, and bridges, including the Interstate Highway System. Lane also specializes in tunnels, metro and railway systems, as well as airports and water and wastewater treatment plantsJob Description
The Project Director is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project.
Including but not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for safety, quality, and budget for projects ranging in size
- Direct reports include: Field Superintendent, Project Engineer, Office Manager, QC, and Safety
- Prepare project status reports and works to ensure work adheres to contract specifications
- Lead and direct the work of others
- Communicate district and corporate information to the project team as well as keeping DM/ADM updated
- Direct and supervise work of project administration, project superintendents, and engineers to establish operation priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships
- Establish/Define/Promote values, expectations, and performance standards for team and individual members in accordance with Lane's mission, vision, and values
- Create and execute project work plans
- Responsible for the overall management of the project (e.g. resources, schedule) to ensure complete solution is delivered on time and within budget.
- Assist the District Manager and Corporate with setting up major equipment and Plant/Project needs.
- Manage cost and program documentation.
- Effectively oversee subcontract management
- Coach and develop staff
- Implement and monitor Safety and Hazard communication programs
- Monitor Quality Control and hold supervisors accountable for their products
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred but not mandatory
- MUST have Heavy/Highway experience
- Minimum 8 years of project experience in heavy/highway construction
- Familiar with grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes
- Creativity and innovation are a must
- Must have excellent team building skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website