The Lane Construction Corporation is one of America's leading construction companies, specializing in large, complex civil infrastructure. For nearly 130 years, it has contributed to the development of the country's vast network of roads, highways, and bridges, including the Interstate Highway System. Lane also specializes in tunnels, metro and railway systems, as well as airports and water and wastewater treatment plantsJob Description
The Assistant Superintendent assists the superintendent, plant, and project managers to complete multiple or individual projects and keep up to date with monthly budgets and projections.
Including but not limited to:
- Assist with field personnel, daily/weekly schedules, and construction operations
- Manage field operations as well as assist in coordinating work with other company Superintendents and subcontractors
- Assist in On-the-Job training
- Coordinate equipment and crews and other job related activities
- Manage Multiple Jobs or crews
- Work with the general contractor when needed and assist with management of subcontractors in the field
- Ensure that ALL resources assigned are maintained, protected, secured, and used at optimum efficiency.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of construction paving, and grading practices
- Demonstrated decision-making skills
- Ability to work in high production environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Mechanical background is preferred
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Must have experience with Federal requirements
- Familiar with DOT standards
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team building skills is a must
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar is desired but not necessary
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adaptable to changing conditions across all spectrums.
- Must have advanced math computation skills
- At least 10+ years of experience for a recognized Heavy/Highway contractor
- At least 7+ years prior experience supervising, scheduling and/or management of construction activity
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website