DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Discover HCA Physician Services Group
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Market Manager to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!Position Summary:
- In this position, you will report directly to the Division Assistant Vice President for the Mid America Division (New Orleans/Covington, LA). As the Market Manager, you will successfully lead a team of 5 direct reports comprised of market Practice Managers, as well as lead approximately 95 total FTE's, 15 practice sites, and 28 providers. The majority of practices in this market are specialized.
- Supports PSG's Mission, Vision and Values, as well as demonstrates the company's Code of Conduct in all duties.
- The primary responsibilities of the Market Manager include oversight, leadership and general management of the market operations, financial performance, and budget. Includes strategic relations with hospital divisions and strategic involvement in acquisitions.
- The position requires moderate travel.
Note: The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties required of this positionFinance
- Assumes the overall operational responsibility for the business and clinical functions through administrative and clinical staff including providers, front desk, medical records, nursing, and ancillary services to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the efficient delivery of services of his or her assigned practices.
- Directs and manages projects for market including patient flow, patient satisfaction, practice volume, billing and collections, service utilization, coding, physician and staff training.
- Analyzes business and conduct audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Identifies practice and business development opportunities to increase practice market share.
- Develops, implements and monitors practice budgets including analyzing financial impact of changes and forecasts, and expenditures.
- Develops cost/benefit analyses of patient care services and equipment.
- Meets regularly with physicians to review financial performance and key practice indicators.
- Ensures effective, consistent implementation of all AR and collection guidelines.
- Oversees the daily/monthly expenditures, staffing and overtime hours.
- Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Develops and oversees implementation and administration of internal practice policies and procedures in conjunction with Physician Services standard policies and procedures. Interprets applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures the practice is in compliance with them.
- Oversees practice acquisition activities and market growth strategies.
- Work effectively with the physician recruiting function of HCA Physician Services and hospital liaisons to support the placement of qualified physicians in employed practices.
- Key participant in planning, budgets, new products and services, compliance and other physician practice issues.
- Serve as the integral link between HCA Physician Services and the end users to enhance the use and effectives of its products and services.
- Ensure that HCA Physician Services compliance, training and education, policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all programs.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in areas of patient, employee and physician relations.
- Help prepare and participate in practice, facility, market and division MORs.
- Work effectively with sales and marketing to enhance growth initiatives.
- Commits to the success and financial well being of HCA by challenging others to excel and holding themselves and others accountable for achieving results.
- Demonstrates an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients.
- Responsible for implementing and tracking all quality initiatives.
- Recommends professional development for staff.
- Builds trust and acts with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
- Delivers information in a clear, concise and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
- Develops and strengthens collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of HCA.
- Leads other to accomplish organizational goals and objectives; provides meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams and drive employee engagement.
- Actively participates in employee relations and performance issues, including employee and manager performance, evaluation, guidance and feedback.
- Counsels, disciplines and/or recommends termination of employees as required.
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of increased patient satisfaction
- Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in health or business administration required
- 5+ years of experience in practice management of multiple locations required
- Proven background with effectively managing multiple providers in multi-site, multi-specialty environments
- Participated in growth/onboarding of new physician practices, providers and staff
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Personal Characteristics:
- Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, specifically medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management required
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives required
- Knowledge of fiscal management and leadership management techniques required
- Knowledge of health care administration systems required
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements required
- Ability to provide leadership and management of multiple sites required
- Ability to use various computer systems and applications required
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise required
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process required
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, providers, patients and the public required
- Ability to communicate clearly required
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website