Make a +Difference at Kraton!
At Kraton, we make a Positive Difference, and we are looking for individuals who are also looking to make a difference in their jobs, for our customers and to the world. We are looking to hire a key member of our Plant Lead Team at our Belpre, OH location.
The Sr. Operations Manager at the Plant is responsible for the performance of one large production unit or two medium production units at the facility. The Site has four world-scale styrene block copolymer production units, a compounding unit and utilities/support systems required for operation. The Sr. Operations Manager is expected to provide leadership to the staff and hourly production employees to achieve targets and develop plans and actions to drive improvement.Key Responsibilities
- Assure full compliance with all laws and corporate requirements.
- Provide direction and leadership to employees in areas of responsibility.
- Set and achieve stretch targets in key performance areas including HSE, Quality, Production, and Cost.
- Build a highly effective operating team.
- Integrate and align area of responsibility with the Site and Business objectives.
- Coach and develop people to achieve optimum performance.
- 5 – 7 years of operations management experience, including 2 – 3 years as a Production Operations Manager.
- 10-15 years of chemical industry experience with some background in polymers.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Operations experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Master's Degree (preferred)
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kraton's internal talent acquisition team manages our recruiting efforts and from time to time works with pre-selected/pre-approved external staffing agencies. We do NOT accept unsolicited resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and/or agencies who are not pre-selected/pre-approved.
Kraton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website