Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it's by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
The LPN is responsible for:
- Demonstrates through behavior Kettering Health Network's core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of the State Nurse Practice Act. Turns paperwork in daily.
- Implements plan of care initiated by the Nurse Manager and Clinical Coordinators.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
- Updates medication profile as needed.
- Assesses and provides patient/caregiver education and information pertinent to disease process, self-care techniques, health promotion and disease prevention.
- Reports any changes in patient's condition to the Family/Physician with reports documented in the clinical record and implements physician's new orders.
- Performs drug regimen review at every visit.
- Participates in coordination of care reporting the identified needs for other disciplines to the Nurse Manager.
- Performs medication administration per policy and procedures.
- Educates patient/care giver in administering of medication, including infection control.
- Maintains and orders effectively adequate supplies and stores correctly.
- Follows infection control guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing per policy, uses correct bag technique, disposal of hazardous waste according to policy and follows safety regulations.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
- Attend mandatory meetings, training sessions, in-services and team meetings.
- Meets productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- State of Ohio Licensed Practical Nurse License
Apply on company website