Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it's by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
The Laboratory Manager supervises day-to-day operational, personnel, and financial activities of the laboratory and ancillary testing under the Administrative Director for administrative matters and the Laboratory Medical Director for medical matters. Overseeing the operations of Hamilton Hospital, Hamilton Cancer Center, and Middletown Medical Center. In addition, directs, monitors, and documents activities in the department to assure compliance with all regulatory, licensure, and accreditation requirements. Collaberates with Kettering Health Laboratories to drive standardization across the network.
- Certification by one of the following mechanisms required: MT(ASCP) or CT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP)
- Administrative/supervisory experience in a hospital clinical laboratory preferred.
- BS or BA with a minimum of 5 years administrative/supervisory experience in a hospital clinical laboratory accepted.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- General knowledge of all types of clinical and anatomical laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of managerial skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of accounting and statistics.
- Knowledge of office routines and skills.
- Ability to perform laboratory procedures and manipulate laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Ability to organize personnel, equipment, instruments, and other things for efficient laboratory operation.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write concise, grammatically correct and properly formatted policies, procedures and reports.
- Ability to collect, prepare and analyze statistical and financial reports.
- Ability to collect and evaluate data and write reports on which others will make decisions.
- Ability to make decisions and carry them out.
Hazards – The hazards include contact with potentially infectious patients, body fluids, or other materials;
and in some cases, working with potentially toxic or flammable materials.
Apply on company website