DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Monitor Technician Telemetry Department Full Time, Day Shift, 0.9 FTE Kendall Regional Medical Center Miami, Florida
Facility Description: Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 412-bed, full-service hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, burn, surgical, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services. Kendall Regional Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, a HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, The Joint Commission Certification as a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and most recently, by the Joint Commission as a “Top Performer” on key quality measures.
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Job Description: The Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station. Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of Basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. Demonstrated ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- CMT/Cardiac Experience Preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to remain focused and maintain concentration over extended period of time.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website