Upholsterer Associate in Lake Zurich, IL Kelly® Professional & Industrial, we're passionate about helping you find a job that works for you. How about this one? We're seeking multiple Upholsterer Associate, for an industrial manufacturer in Lake Zurich, IL. With us, it's all about finding the job that's just right. If you're ready to work for an organization that cares about you, as well as our product, we have an opening for you.
Job Title: Upholsterer Associate
Type: Temp to Hire
Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Pay rate: $18.00
- 1st Shift 6:00am-2:30pm
Manufacturing highly specialized support surfaces in 2008, for a wide range of durable medical equipment. Our first customers were medical OEMs and healthcare distributors, and most of them are still with us today.
- Operate and maintain Juki sewing machines and related parts, including pattern plates, needles, presser feet, automatic cutting tools and blades
- Read and interpret work orders and adjust machines and materials to match, including selecting fabric, thread, and needles, mounting necessary attachments and double-checking settings before beginning a large run
- Inspect and repair finished products as needed and make machine adjustments to compensate for errors or quality issues
- Record accurately the materials used, maintenance performed, and number of pieces completed during each shift, keeping each of these metrics within target ranges
- Attach elastic, cord, zippers, hooks, buttons, and other trimmings to sewn pieces according to work order instructions and diagrams
- Prepare materials for machine embroidery and other automatic embellishment, including securing fabric in hoops, templates or clamps and guiding into machine
- Troubleshoot basic machinery problems and request service or repairs as needed
- Meet or exceed consistent daily and weekly output and quality goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Majority of the work time is spent in a manufacturing environment where temperatures are often warm or cool, depending upon the season, and noise level can be moderate to high
- PPE required as determined by company safety standards: safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, safety shoes
- High School Diploma or equivalent working experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production manner
- Attention to Detail
- Basic Computer Skills preferred
- Must be able to lift- up to 50 lbs.
- Able to walk, stand, push, pull, reach, bend, stoop, climb, and carry 100% of the day
- Ability to kneel, bend and stand up to 8 hours per day performing various task.
- Ability to climb in and out of frames when require.
- Must be at least 18 years old to work with industrial machines
- Able to stand throughout shift
- Good physical (hand/eye) coordination
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some experience with sewing machines
Once you apply, you'll proceed to the next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don't worry even if this position doesn't work out, you're still in our network. That means all our recruiters will have access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even more. Helping you discover what's next in your career is what we're all about, so let's get to work. For instant consideration for this job position, Apply Now!
About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website