Kelly Services is seeking Trimming Technicians for a large developer, manufacturer and marketer company for a broad line of orthodontic appliances and related products in the U.S. and abroad, such as brackets, wires, adhesives, and ancillary supplies used through the course of treatment.
Job Title: Trimming Technician - Aligner
Type: Temp to Hire
Shifts/Pay Rate: Must be willing to work Saturday and Sunday. Two consecutive days off will be given during the week.
- 1st: 6:30 am to 3:00 pm, paying $18/hour
- 2nd: 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm, paying $18.45/hour
- 3rd: 10:30 pm to 7:00 am, ay8ing $18.75/hour
Location: Glendora, CA
The Trimming Technician trims acrylic orthodontic appliances to fit supplied models.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Trim orthodontic appliances according to Rx/Work Order using high speed bench mounted grinders, hand grinders, and other hand tools as well as CNC machinery
- Occasionally help build dental molds using different prototyping processes, apply filling material over dental molds or setups, using brushes and spatulas, thermoform clear plastic over the mold using thermoforming machines
- Maintain equipment at 100% operating efficiency
- Provide and maintain the necessary documentation
- Perform required preventive maintenance for tools related to position
- Record daily work and maintain cleanliness of work area
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent formal education/training in a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in manufacturing or laboratory environment with hands-on work
- Experience in operating trimming/grinding manual machines through daily use, experience in operating CNC and automated equipment is a plus
- Able to read prescriptions or specifications, and examine models and impressions, to determine the design of dental products to be constructed
- Have a working knowledge of dental terminology
- Familiar with manufacturing process practices and procedures. Capable to produce parts according to Rx/Work Instruction requirements
- Strong math skills including fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in dealing with a variety of situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer skills Spreadsheet software and Word Processing programs.
Critical Success Factors:
- Team player that has a history of providing assistance and technical support
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Strong written communication skills (i.e. writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals, etc.).
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients/customers and public.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail and precision in work
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- High integrity
- Work Environment-noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Keywords: Trim, Trimming, ortho, orthodontic, braces, wires, orthodontic appliances, CNC, hand tools, grinders
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website