Telecommunication Support Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Contratc 10 months
Estimating responsibilities include reviewing end user requirements and creating SCS estimates utilizing parametric, bottom up, or historical estimating techniques. The incumbent will also review the Job Order Contract vendor s unit cost submissions to ensure they are accurate and complete. Quality Control and Assurance responsibilities include reviewing work performed under the scope of a general contractor or Job Order Contract vendor.
Incumbent will review submissions, test results and as built drawings to ensure SCS standards are being properly implemented. During onsite job walks, the incumbent will review installations in progress and issue noncompliance reports when work performed does not meet requirements.
Additional responsibilities include reviewing installation practices of IT Services cable specialists and instructing them on proper installation techniques. Role will require individual to conduct job walks/inspections; walking, standing, climbing, crawling to ensure designs are implemented satisfactorily.
• Detailed knowledge of the applications, requirements, standards, functionality, and capacity of copper and fiber optic cabling in regard to supporting voice, data, wireless and video technologies.
• Detailed knowledge of the construction, installation and maintenance issues relating to copper and fiber optic cabling in both outside plant and intra building cabling environments.
• Proficiency in creating and editing telecommunications drawings utilizing Bluebeam annotation and/or AutoCAD 2016 software. Designing horizontal cabling infrastructure, laying out telecommunications rooms, designing backbone infrastructure.
• Detailed knowledge of and experience with TIA/EIA (Telecommunications Industry Association/Electronic Industries Alliance) standards including sections 568, 569, 606, 607, and 758.
• Ability to read and interpret design drawings created by architects and electrical engineers.
• A strong understanding of wireless infrastructure requirements as it relates to IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) 802.11n and cellular technologies.
• Strong background in fiber optic cabling infrastructure used in LAN, CAN, and WAN environments.
• Ability to work with end users to develop system requirements and convert that information into a complete and functional system. Ability to document technical conversation, develop plans and specifications, create estimates, manage the installation, and follow up with quality control and quality assurance procedures.
• Detailed knowledge of the construction, installation and maintenance issues relating to copper and fiber optic cabling.
• Ability to develop project plans and detailed schedules for telecommunications infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations regarding the telecommunication system installations including outside plant infrastructure.
• Negotiation skills to deal effectively with vendors regarding contractual issues, agreements, and deliverables.
• Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with persons of varying background and level of authority.
• Possess the verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization; ability to use standard English grammar and punctuation.
• Skill in project management for large-scale communications technology projects including voice, video, and data installations.
• Capable of hearing normal conversations on telephones and in construction environments.
• Capable of walking for minimum of four (4) hours while conducting job walks and inspections.
• Capable of entering maintenance holes, tunnels, and ceilings without assistance using University supplied ladders.
• Ability to safely drive university vehicle to campus and off campus locations; possess and maintain a valid Driver's License and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
• Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) - Preferred
• Certification as a Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD) by BICSI.
If you are interested in this position and possess the qualifications. APPLY to receive more details!!
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website