Technical Writer Opportunity in Sumter, SC
Email resume to email@example.com and call 843-284-9917
The Technical Writer writes and updates Quality, Operations and Safety material for reports, manuals, troubleshooting guides and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods, procedures, process controls, standards, installation, operation and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop user, product and functional requirements, as well as safety procedures, for production equipment and processes.
· Draft and revise Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) procedures and validations in partnership with engineering and production personnel.
· Support the development of process controls and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) procedures.
· Develop and maintain troubleshooting guides, process and calibration steps, quality and material handling standards.
· Study production, developmental and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
·Interview production, quality and engineering personnel and read journals, reports and other material to become familiar with product technologies, regulatory standards and production methods.
·Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, quality, safety, maintenance and service.
· Study blueprints, flowcharts, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure and production sequence and detail.
·Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
·Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding.
·Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
· Collect and maintain material safety data sheets (MSDS).
· Compile lists of necessary equipment and spare parts.
· Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate material.
· Assist in laying out material for publication.
· Arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
3 years of technical writing experience in a manufacturing environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
Strong attention to detail, project management written and verbal communication skills.
Master's degree in business, engineering or related field.
Professional quality and/or environmental health & safety experience.
Technical writing certification.
Bilingual in English/Spanish.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website